BB Baugesellschaft provided all the planning and execution services for the construction of the new, ready to use technical building including outdoor facilities for the municipality of Mertert. The project was awarded after a public tender.
Functional requirements and design features
IBB has won the bid because the construction services described were convincing in terms of coherence, completeness and comprehensibility and achieved the highest overall score. IBB was also able to demonstrate that projects of at least the same degree of difficulty and scope had already been successfully completed.
The new service and administrative building is divided into four structures: A large hall as parking area for the community vehicles, the different workshops (gardening, carpentry, metal & water, mechanics), the administration area including staff rooms and a hangar for maintenance, repair and storage. In addition, there is a yard with parking spaces for employees and visitors, a footpath connection, a bicycle shelter and green areas.
- Building integration with consideration to the environment
- Functionality and quality of materials
- Low maintenance and energy costs
- Administration building as flat roof construction
- Barrier-free design on all floors
- Solar and photovoltaic systems
- Fire protection requirements
- Domotics switched to DDC
- Charging stations for electric vehicles
Coordination of all construction measures
As an approved general contractor, the construction company IBB is responsible for all studies, research, static calculations, investigations, plans and administrative steps as well as for the execution of all works and the test runs on site. Sampling of the components was carried out at an early stage in order to determine the quality of the products, the choice of colours and surfaces.
Facts and figures
- Building owner: Municipality of Mertert
- Architect: Decker, Lammar & Associés
- General contractor: IBB Baugesellschaft
- Building area: 2.833 m²
- Completion: 2020
- Energy efficiency class A for the administration building
- Energy efficiency class C for the service building